Guide to Drawing Cartoons for Webcomic in 5 weeks
Take 30 minutes to 1 hour to draw cartoons for webcomic each day.
Plans to do for first week:
- Draw a stickman in several posing and stances.
- Draw a better looking stickman as much as you can within the time limit.
- Draw a car.
- Draw a house.
- Draw a restaurant.
- Draw a simple building with a blank label on top.
- Draw up a plan to do with the objects.
Plans to do for second week:
- Draw a simple background as a room template.
- Draw a simple background as a restaurant template.
- Draw a simple background as an office template.
- Draw a simple background as a park template.
- Draw a simple background as a mall template (inside).
- Draw up a storyline with the templates and placing objects in them.
- Start learning on the basics of Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
Plans to do for third week:
- Scan objects into computer and color them.
- Scan templates into computer and color them.
- Learn to place and blend the objects with the templates.
- Learn to make speech bubbles and Comic Sans MS font as words.
- End of the week, launch webcomic.
Plans to do for fourth week:
- Draw up to two comic strips a day.
- Find more materials to keep the story going.
- Repeat fourth week step 1 till end of fourth week.
Plans to do fifth week:
- Heavily promote webcomic and gain readership and recognition.